Wednesday, December 10, 2008

A Good Deed Well Done.

Phelan - blogger of A Homesteading Neophyte - has reached her goal in donations. She can keep her house! The donation button has been removed, so please ignore my shameless begging below. :) I can't describe the feeling of community I have right now, and I can't imagine how Phelan is feeling! Perhaps this is the very reason I am so obsessed with local, organic farming. Yes, it's more nutritious; yes, it's more sustainable; but it also creates a feeling of closeness to your fellow beings. A desire to reach out and help, no matter how little you might be able to contribute. To paraphrase the Dalai Lama, "A drop is only a drop, but little by little we will fill the bucket." Or something like that. Give me a break, I can't find it online!! But you get the gist. ;)

1 comment:

Bree Anna said...

We'll take your word for it, but do know that misquoting the Dali Lama is the moral equivalent of buying a one-way ticket to hell.

It's in the Bible, Caitlin.